Wednesday 25 March 2015

24 hours


Girls on their way to school.

24 hours in the village:

1. Wild dogs barked all night.

2. The electricity went out.

3. The people in the apartment above us have taken up tap-dancing...or something similar.

4. The three mosques in our neighborhood were competing in “volume wars.”

5. A hired “gardener” decided that all the weeds on the hillside beneath our house should be set aflame.

6. I got some sort of awful flu.

7. I startled a gecko that was dancing in my not-yet-hot oiled frying pan so much that he ran away leaving a trail of Mazola footprints up my wall.

8. The chicken I thawed from the freezer was spoiled.

9. John has decided to make his chewing as loud as possible. (Maybe…I’m a bit on edge.)

10. Some of our village neighbors observed that their Christian friends are loving and have peace in their homes. They would like to know more how this is possible.

Good day? Yeah, the best...


No comments:

Post a Comment