Monday 27 April 2015

I Want to Hear What You're Saying, Honey, But I've Got Toilet Paper in My Ears!

Today’s original blog has long been delayed and it will continue to be for a couple days more. I am planning to write about a unique phenomenon here called, “Cougar Cruises,” but not yet. Intrigued? Rather I am going to just update you on life here. 

Last week, the To-Do List that I created was a thing of beauty. I had open slots in my calendar and everything needing to be done was fitting nicely into these blank spaces. Yes! I could see light at the end of the tunnel!

But alas it was not to be. I began getting a slight earache which isn’t really unusual. I have thin tympanums and it’s been part of my life for as long as I can remember. (I am a bit bitter that if I’m going to have THIN anything…Why thin tympanums and not thighs? Sigh.)

The small twinge turned into a two-alarm double ear infection which left me clutching the sides of my head and yelling (unintentionally) at John, “I WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOUR SAYING, HONEY, BUT I HAVE TOILET PAPER STUCK IN MY EARS!” Ah, yes. THIS is what marital commitment is made of. The toilet paper was keeping the medicine in my ears leaving me with quite an attractive overall look that John has gotten to live with for the last 3 days.

Just as the ears were beginning to heal and sounds around me were returning, I was hit with stomach flu which has laid me out flat with the exception of my head leaning near a trashcan. Unbelievable.

I have a Fin, a Latin, a German and an American coming to dinner tonight…That sounds like the start of an amazing joke, but it’s the truth. I need to recover fast and that includes being able to actually look at food without running for the porcelain areas of the house.

So that’s my week so far. How’s yours? Please speak up when you answer and don’t use any food analogies. Thank you and much love.

1 comment:

  1. Oh love this Pam!!! Needed this laughter today--but total yuck on the double whammy--flu-ear-infection. Love you and praying for you guys! Laura Dewey

    ReplyDelete