Sunday 18 August 2013

United or Untied?


Life happening simultaneously 



The difference between "united" and "untied" is where the "i" is placed.  I think each person in Egypt  right now is asking, "What should I do?" "What role do I have in all of this?"  And really their individual decisions make up a collective "United Egypt" or an "Untied Egypt."

It's a tale of two cities right now.  Crazy mayhem, killing and fighting running parallel to working schedules, commuting and just living.  How does it continue?

John and I have been invited to two weddings at the end of this month. One is the wedding of a dear friend who came alongside us during our first time we lived in Cairo.  The other invite came from Yah Yah.  He and John have really hit it off and he would like us to be his guests at the upcoming nuptials.  My immediate thought is, "Are the stores even open?"  "I wonder if I can find a taxi to take us?"  "How many more days of this?" Whatever this is.  But life does continue here…

So while the streets are barricaded, protestors continue their plight and police circle the city, I will bob and weave in an attempt to locate appropriate wedding gifts.  Rather symbolic, I think.  Couples choosing to unite in love in the midst of an untied community.  
I pray each opportunity that comes my way during this season (and all seasons) that "I" will choose wisely when to insert my ideas, thoughts and opinions.  Will my "vastly important" insights cause people to be united or untied?  "I" will get back to you.

*Photos from internet source

___________________________

Today's BOGO Blog:  You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello



No comments:

Post a Comment