Monday 17 March 2014

The Cavewoman Diet: Day 27 of 30 "Sculpting"


Open Air Sculpture Museum in our city...
I've become so accustomed to eating a side of carrots with everything that I don't even question other possibilities.  This by far has been the longest run of home cooked meals that I have ever had in my culinary history.  To date, I have cooked (prepared) 80 meals (minus one at a restaurant where I watched others eating some pretty amazing things).

I do believe even Curtis Stone (Take Home Chef/Top Chef Masters Host) would even be stumped to create something that I haven't tried.  (Yes, that is a challenge, Curtis, and if you want to prove me wrong…I'll send you my address.  Go ahead.  I dare you.)

My jeans are definitely loose and I do feel noticeably more alert.  Granted my jeans do not get "dryer time" here so I'm not completely sure about weight loss claims yet.  We aren't allowed to weigh until the 30th day.  

Modern Hedgehog
My German friend said that I look like I've lost 4 kilos.  According to MY math that means I look like I am only 5 pounds away from my Heidi Klum goal weight.  According to JOHN'S math (which is regrettably more accurate), I look like I have lost 10 pounds.  NOT Biggest Loser material for sure, but at least some noticeable progress.

It's sad that I forgot to measure myself at the beginning of this since most people claim that they lose a significant circumference rather than pounds.  Well…next time.  

Did I JUST SAY NEXT TIME?!  Yes, I suppose I did.  I see the benefits.  This is actually a good plan for me…on most days.

"Home" Made of Granite
But did I mention that a local store near us just shipped in a new batch of M&Ms?!  No, not your everyday M&Ms.  These are the gourmet kind that we NEVER see here.

Peanut butter M&Ms
Mint M&Ms
Dark Chocolate M&Ms
and the holy grail of M&Ms…Almond.

John and I smiled at each other, imagined eating a bag of each kind and laid our nutritious items on the counter knowing we were choosing what was better.


What will become of us after 30 days?  Stay tuned and let Curtis know that I am on the brink…


Sculptures as far as the eye can see...


No comments:

Post a Comment