Thursday 20 March 2014

The Cavewoman Diet, Day 30: Celebrate Good Times C'Mon!


Celebrate good times, c'mon!

It's Day 30 of the WHOLE30 Challenge and we are celebrating good times.  John and I promptly weighed ourselves and discovered that we each lost 12 pounds.  Those are amazing results although I would ALWAYS prefer Biggest Loser numbers, but we all know that is time-lapsed filming.

We forgot to measure ourselves at the start so I don't have that all-important "Look how many inches I lost!" proclamation.  Rats.  

Pretty much once we hit Day 20 this become old hat to us.  I no longer imagined a breakfast laden with pancakes or an afternoon on the patio with an ice cold Diet Coke.  Those are mere vapors in my memory…okay, mostly.

We do feel good and like the slimming effect on our faces.  (Although with my genetic chipmunk cheeks I will be positively gaunt before anyone will notice.) Our landlady must have heard about us because she sent down a bowl of strawberries to us rather than her normal cream-laden delicacies.  Rats.  (I was hoping for a cultural "have to"…)

Friday we will commemorate our first Whole30 with one freebie of our choice.  I have selected a muffin and John has chosen soy sauce.  Wild times, I know.

Then Saturday, back on the wagon.  


Of course, I miss all things delicious but this type of discipline fits my personality.  I am not good at "eat a small bagel" type of diet.  I rationalize.  (Small compared to what?  A tire? A life preserver?) See? I can't be trusted.  

Cheers, Whole30! 

PS  Sorry we don't have before and after pictures.  I recently read that some company in China scours the internet for them so that they can print them as testimonials on their shark fin herbal products.  Not even joking.  But the real reason is…I don't like the picture.  I look frumpy.  Maybe the next 30. 


2 comments:

  1. You guys R-O-C-K! ¡Woohoo! from Yucatán, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! I stop drinking diet drinks last year, I have maybe 2 a month now but usually drink tea or water. I just bought a juicer so I hope to incorporate some smoothies etc. I have been pinning a bunch a recipes on my health stuff board. Glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete